The 7 Spirits Of God
The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him— the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of might, the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the LORD. (Isaiah 11:2)
1) The Spirit of the LORD
2) The Spirit of wisdom
3) The Spirit of understanding
4) The Spirit of counsel
5) The Spirit of power
6) The Spirit of knowledge
7) The Spirit of the fear of the Lord
From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings, and peals of thunder. In front of the throne, seven lamps were blazing. These are the seven spirits of God. (Revelation 1:4-5)
There are 7 Spirits before God’s throne, 7 angels, 7 Churches, 7 bowls of judgment, etc…
The Holy Spirit is One and the Church is One
Although the Church is one and the Holy Spirit is one, why then is there this distinction of separation? Surprisingly God has allowed science to peer into the mysteries of light in order to help illustrate.
There are also 7 evil spirits that are antagonistic to the 7 spirits of God. The details about this are found in the stories of the Israelites entering the promised land where there were the 7 tribes of Canaan.
When the LORD your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations—the Hittites, Girgashites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites, seven nations larger and stronger than you. (Deuteronomy 7:1)
The 7 Evil Spirits Of Canaan (The Promise Land)
- Hittites- Hittite means “son of Terror” as they were descendants from “Heth” which means terror. Terror is an extreme manifestation of fear. This evil spirit works on the emotional and mental state of a human being. (Source: https://shamah-elim.info/hittite.htm)
- Girgashites- Grigashite means “clay dweller”. This spirit influences people to focus on the material world and have a disdain for the spiritual world. Earthly, or Carnal mind that cannot see the behind the scene workings of the good and evil spiritual activities that influence our world. (Source: https://shamah-elim.info/hittite.htm)
- Amorites-Amorite means “mountain dweller”. Just like mountains dominate and create low valleys, people under this spirit dominate others in order to practice self-exaltation and dominance. Another Hebrew word that makes up the word “Amorite” is “Amar” which means to utter or say, meaning they want others to utter their name, (fame/popularity seekers). (Source: https://shamah-elim.info/amorite.htm)
- Canaanites- Canaanite means “low lands people”. This evil spirit encourages addictions and sexual perversions. This is one of the reasons Sodom and Gomorrah are referred to as some of the cities of Canaan in Genesis 10:19. (Source: https://shamah-elim.info/cananite.htm)
- Perizzites- Perizzite means “belonging to the villiage”. Villages connotate “smallness”. People that grow up in a village are exposed to limited opportunities and arrested development. This spirit produces a limited vision causing a person to see themselves as insignificant leading to laziness and poverty. (Source: https://shamah-elim.info/perizite.htm)
- Hivites- Hivite means “villiager”. This is very similar to the Perizzite in the sense of “smallness”. But the Hebrew word Hivite is derived from the word “chavvah” (the original version of the name “Eve”) meaning “life” or “living”. The Hivite spirit encourages people to “live it up!” Unlike the Perizzite with a limited vision leading to poverty the Hivite is instead “lives it up” (Hedonism). (Source: https://shamah-elim.info/hivite.htm)
- Jebusites- Jebusite means “thresher”. This spirit encourages others to tread or stop on other people. They cause others humiliation or to feel small in order to enforce certain social casts in order to elevate themselves in social circles. (Source: https://shamah-elim.info/jebusite.htm)
Hopefully, this gives a good explanation of the Spiritual battle we find ourselves in as followers of Jesus.